Sunday 1 February 2009

l
l

Waterfall 2006. Paper.

This blog I hope will be a way of engaging with other people and artists about what I do, and how I do it. I hope I can explain what I feel, what I'm interested in and how it all links together to produce my work. I'm really hoping that it will help me to mature as an artist in this period of change for me as a student who has found it hard to be happy in my education. Having chopped and changed from one institution to another always craving more knowledge and sense of place and opportunity. I find myself back home where perhaps I should have always been. The place in which I feel the most inspired and I believe the area that needs art desperately as it lags behind culturally.
I have put down what I see as the beginning of my practice the time in which I began to realise how my creativity was something beautiful to be explored with a passion, fervour of inspiration and application helped me to achieve my first installation - Waterfall in the summer of 2006 and the first bold step in my work that I still believe stands me in stead.

I intend to look back over my work of the last few years in this blog. To try and tie down what is in my mind and to clarify the links that I'm now beginning to see. It seems as if all my works, my life happenings are tied to fate and if I can only begin to believe again in my own intuition I will flourish again.

No comments:

Post a Comment